Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My hamster keeps losing his hair. Any ideas?

I have a teddy bear hamster who is less than a year old. He started losing his hair about three days ago. Today I noticed tiny brown spots around his nose and mouth. Any ideas?



My hamster keeps losing his hair. Any ideas?

is your hamster itching itself? if yes that could be the loss of its fur....he could have mites. these can be easily treated with an anti-mite spray for small animals.



My hamster keeps losing his hair. Any ideas?

its like puberty in hamsters, suply some pictures about the mouth, but the sheeding is normal, unless it gets to an exctent were he has no more fur, thats when he needs vet help, it happened to my hamster once but he last all his fur and started shedding his skin, gross.



But yea, get some pics.



brent



My hamster keeps losing his hair. Any ideas?

it may need to go to the vet. i am thinking a fungal or bacterial infection. that can worsen if not treated.



My hamster keeps losing his hair. Any ideas?

my hammie is a year and a half and he is losin hair, he is probably going through a stage!



My hamster keeps losing his hair. Any ideas?

Don't hesitate one second, plz take ur hammie to the vet!



He is definetly sick, get to a vet ASAP.



you can try googling hamster symptoms also.



My hamster keeps losing his hair. Any ideas?

What kind of bedding are you using? Cause using cedar or wood type bedding can cause irritation to their skin and damage their breathing. Use the paper bedding.



My hamster keeps losing his hair. Any ideas?

Your little cute fluff ball could be rubbing or scratching his muzzle against something. Which causes fur to be rubbed off. You should check the cage bars and other objects inside the cage to see if there are little tufts of fur stuck to it.



Oh and if the vet refuses to check your hammy because you don't have the money. Thats really dumb, you should sue them for that! They are a vet, they should check on animals whenever for whatever reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment